Soil samples can be obtained using a CPT rig by employing direct push sampling methods. At Ground Investigation we have a choice of sampling methods. These can be used as a continuous sampling method or for obtaining discrete samples at selected depths.
Pagani CPT Sampler
The Pagani CPT sampler can be used with any of our CPT rigs:
- Continuous core sampling in runs up to 1.0 m or discrete sampling at any depth
- Obtained by direct push or direct percussion drive
- Sample contained in plastic liners (42 mm diameter)
- Rapid sampling
MOSTAP Soil Sampler
The MOSTAP system takes 1.0 m long samples in plastic liners and is pushed using a CPT rig. A sock is used to reduce the friction between the soil and liner when sampling. A core catcher at the end of the sampler prevents loose or soft soils falling back out of the sampler.
- Continuous core sampling in runs up to 1.0 m or discrete sampling at any depth.
- Samples contained in 65mm diameter plastic liner.
Direct Push Shelby Sampler
The Shelby sampler has a retractable cone that allows it to be pushed to a selected depth with a CPT rig, the cone retracted and then a thin walled Shelby sample taken.
- Direct push or direct drive insertion.
- 65 mm diameter and 500 mm long sample.