We are currently looking for CPT Operators to work from our Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch depots.
You will be operating a variety of CPT rigs (e.g. Truck, track-mounted, tractor-mounted and hand-portable rigs) and conducting CPTu, SCPTu, DMT and SDMT tests, as well as some soil sampling. The job is a combination of physical work and undertaking tests using electronic equipment and electronics. You will need to be physically fit and mechanically minded as well as have confidence with computers and electronics.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have CPT experience, however, full training will be provided.
Preferable attributes are:
- enjoy working outside
- willing and able to do long hours
- prepared to work out-of- town from time to time
- mechanically minded
- experience with basic electronics and operating computers
- interested in geology or engineering
- have a calm and thorough approach to work and attention to detail
- have a full NZ drivers licence (preferably class 2 or 4)
- a NZ resident or hold a valid NZ work visa
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ground Investigation Ltd is a leading provider of in situ testing to the New Zealand geotechnical industry. We operate a variety of CPT rigs and specialist testing equipment. The company’s main office is in Auckland, with branches in Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin. Ground Investigation works on a variety of projects from single house sites to major civil engineering projects throughout New Zealand.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Marco Holtrigter: email@example.com